Choose the view that works best for you
Depending on your goal and planning horizon, you can view cards in Timeline and Calendar views. The Timeline view lets you to visualize your project plans and team workload. The Calendar view helps you to manage your personal and team schedules. It also makes it easy to keep track of important deadlines and milestones.
Organize your backlog
A board is made of lists, and all your cards are divided into lists. You can define lists for different projects, project stages, types of tasks, business areas, team members, or clients — whatever you want. Customize your tasklist by choosing between the list view or kanban view and set up orientation: top, bottom, left, or right. Read more.
There are several ways to add a new card to Planyway:
- Drag and drop a card from the task list to the Calendar view. Reschedule a card by dragging and dropping it to a new date or time. Stretch it to the left or right by clicking and dragging the edges to span it for multiple days.
- Click right on the date and time on the Calendar or Timeline where you want a new card to start. A Trello card will appear where you clicked.
- Schedule cards from the card editor in Trello by setting start and end dates, or click “Plan on timeline.” After setting the start and end dates, the card appears in Planyway’s Calendar view.
Color-code cards with labels
Color-code your cards with labels to quickly identify tasks by project, type, or workflow stage. With a color-coded timeline or calendar, you can quickly identify cards you’re looking for.
To apply or remove a colored label from a card, right-click on a card and choose Labels, or use the L hotkey.
Use filters to focus on cards with specific labels.
Add checklists to cards
Add checklists by clicking the checklist icon in the upper-right corner of Planyway’s card editor. You can also schedule and assign checklist items to your team members.
Set dates for each step and assign it to a team member to get a clear view of your schedule on a timeline.
There’s nothing quite like crossing off a task when it’s finished! To mark a card as completed, hover over the card’s name and click the check icon .
Archive completed cards
To archive a completed card, hover over a card’s name and press the C key. Or right-click a card and choose the Archive option.
Sync with Google Calendar
With Google Calendar synchronization you can display Google Calendar events in Planyway and create Google Calendar events from scheduled cards. All the changes you make in Planyway will be reflected in the connected Google Calendar and vice versa.
- Click the Sync with Google toggle in the sidebar.
- When prompted, sign into your Google account.
- Choose the sync options you prefer.
- A new calendar with your board’s name will be created in your Google Calendar
- This integration also lets you add your Google Calendars to Planyway. The list of your Google Calendars will appear in the Planyway calendar sidebar. You can choose which of them you want to see in Planyway by clicking the checkboxes near their titles.
Events from Google Calendar will be displayed in Planyway with a special sign “G”:
Subscribe to any calendar by URL
- Open your Outlook, Apple, or any other calendar you want to subscribe to.
- Copy the calendar’s export URL. If you don’t know how to do this, check the Help for your calendar app: Outlook, Google, Apple.
- In Planyway, click the Add Calendars option in the sidebar and paste the copied URL.
With a multi-board view, you can track tasks from several boards on one timeline. Click next to Boards in the sidebar to choose the boards you want to connect from the list.
Choose the Team mode to plan and track your team’s schedule and workload. In this mode, you can easily visualize who is working on what and when.
Choose the Portfolio mode to visualize project plans across several boards on a single Timeline. To add boards to the Portfolio mode click the next to Boards in the sidebar.
Visualize your project schedule with the Project mode. It works like a more compact version of a Gantt chart.
To group items on your Timeline by list, choose Group by “List” from the menu at the top of the Timeline view to view your plans by type of work, client, or status, depending on how you use lists.
Milestones are a great way to highlight key dates and keep your team aligned with goals and deadlines. To enable milestones, click the view settings icon in the navigation bar. Then, choose Milestones to add a milestone lane above all your team members or boards.
To create a milestone, click any date in a milestone lane where you want to add it.
Once you’ve created a milestone, you can work with it as if it were a regular card: give it a name, assign it to team members, set a time for it, and mark it as complete.
Adding team members to your board
You can invite your team members to Planyway (when using the Planyway web app). Click the icon next to Members in the sidebar. Enter your team members’ email addresses or Trello names. Then, click the Invite button.
Communicating with your team
Help your team move faster and let them know if they’re on the right track or not by leaving feedback and approvals in comments. With descriptions and attachments, you can keep all of your important information at hand.
Overview the Planyway main parts, choose the view, and set up the orientation