This article is about quick 2-way sync with Google Calendar. 2-way sync means that you can view and modify events (the changes are sent back to the source). For 1-way sync (read-only integration), please check our article about iCal integration.
Synchronization with Google Calendar lets you combine your work and personal tasks in one place and get an overview of your whole schedule, so you can focus on the right things at the right time.
Sync your Trello cards to Google Calendar via Planyway
When you synchronize a Trello board with Google Calendar via Planyway, all cards on your Trello board with due dates will be shown in your Google Calendar. Here’s how to proceed:
- Open Integrations in the sidebar. Click on the toggle to Display Planyway cards in Google Calendar and sync future changes.
When prompted, sign in to your Google account.
Choose the sync options you prefer:
- Sync all cards from a board or only those assigned to you
- Set how the event color for the synced cards will be shown in your Google Calendar, the same as assigned Trello labels or by default
- Sync completed cards or leave them out of your Google Calendar
- Show events as busy or free
Then, click Sync.
- A new calendar with your board’s name will be created in your Google Calendar.
Display your Google agenda in Planyway
Perhaps you’d like to see your Google Calendar in Planyway for easier scheduling? After establishing the connection with your Google Calendar, you’ll be able to see, edit and create new Google events in Planyway.
To connect a Google Calendar to Planyway, find the Calendars section in the sidebar to the left. Click + Connect your calendar and then choose the Google Calendar option.
You’ll be asked to sign in to a Google account and allow Planyway to access the corresponding calendars.
Once the authorization is passed, the list of the Google Calendars with the permission to modify will appear under the Calendars sidebar section. You can choose which of them you want to see in Planyway by selecting the corresponding checkboxes.
If you wish to add a read-only Google Calendar, please check our help article on iCal integration.
Spot which calendar a card belongs to
To quickly spot which calendar a card belongs to, you can enable the Board toggle in the Fields settings. A board/calendar name will be added to the card’s covers on the calendar and timeline.
When you need to clearly differentiate the agendas, group the timeline by board. Each calendar and board will be shown in its own lane.
Create Google Calendar events from Planyway
To add a new event to your Google Calendar from Planyway:
- Click anywhere on the timeline or calendar
- Choose “Google event” at the top left in the opened editing dialogue
- Click the Calendar field and open the drop-down box to specify the calendar
Disable Google Calendar integration
If you’d like to stop seeing your Trello cards in Google Calendar, open Integrations and switch the toggle off.
To stop seeing your Google agenda in Planyway, click to the right of the connected calendar in the sidebar and select Disconnect.
- How quick is the sync?
It usually takes less than a minute for updates to show. Delays might happen, but they aren’t often. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re having issues with the sync.
- Do I need to sync each board one by one, or can I sync all at once?
You need to sync each board individually, as it becomes an independent calendar under your main Google Calendar. And the synchronization parameters can be different for each board.
- Can other members see the calendars I connect?
Only you can see the calendars and boards you connected. Each Planyway user can add boards and calendars of their preference to their Planyway.
- Can I see checklists and time tracking entries in my synced Google Calendar?
Checklists and time entries don’t get into your Google Calendar when you establish 2-way sync. However, you can export your checklists via iCal integration.
- Why my cards are now duplicated?
If you see your cards twice in Planyway, that means that some cards are being imported from the connected Google Calendar. Uncheck the duplicated boards under the connected calendar.
- Can I sync Trello cards to more than one Google Calendars?
You can sync your Trello cards via Planyway to only one Google calendar. However, you can export your board to other Google Calendars by iCal. Also, you could modify permissions for the synced boards in your Google Calendar and allow the others to see and modify your Trello cards from their Google Calendars.
- Can I connect multiple Google accounts to Planyway?
Only one account can be connected to Planyway for quick 2-way sync. You can add other Google Calendar by URL using the secret iCal link.
See and modify your Outlook agenda in Planyway